To comply with the E-Commerce Regulations 2002 we provide the following information:
Company Name: Black & White Games Ltd. trading as Hasslefree Miniatures, HF Minis & Artemis Black’s
Company No. 09197984
Our VAT registration number is 204904826
We trade at Unit 21 Greenway Workshops, Bedwas House Ind Est. Caerphilly. CF83 8HW.
Our office telephone number is 02920 888639
Our main contact email is email@example.com
We have been member of the Federation of Small Businesses since 2004
The term “Hasslefree Miniatures” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Hasslefree Miniatures prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
IP stands for “intellectual property”. It’s intellectual (as opposed to tangible/physical) because it deals with concepts and creations of the mind that can’t actually be touched. Because it can be bought,sold and transferred from one person to another it can be deemed ‘property’. It means that when Kev sculpts a model we can sell the physical object (the miniature itself) to one person AND still retain the right to reproduce it (the copyright).
If we want to protect our IP we have to tell you that everything on this site belongs to us. If you are made aware of this then the stealing of our IP is called ‘THEFT’. In case you think that stealing another persons ideas is ‘harmless’, IT ISN‘T. It is actually very naughty and although wouldn’t make much of a dent in the profits of the big guys, in a small company like ours it could permanently damage if not destroy us. We work very hard to keep this company going (you can yawn at this point if you wish!) and are very protective of our ideas and Kev’s sculpts. Please respect this.
If you want to use our images on your site all you have to do is ask. Provided that they are not going to be used for anything that would be derogatory or damaging to our business then there isn’t usually a problem. When the image is used we expect you to credit us as the manufacturer and (in the case of a painted figure) the painter. We reserve the right to ask you to remove any of our images if we deem them derogatory or damaging to our business or if you couldn’t be bothered to ask for permission.
We work very hard to get all of the images in this site online and updated frequently and all images, pages and text in this site are Copyright Black & White Games Ltd 2015
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views)
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services. However we do not store Credit Card/Debit Card information
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (Title, Name, Email Address, Address, Telephone Numbers)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Our advertisers/payment services providers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
3. Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
4. Other disclosures
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to any of our agents, suppliers or subcontractors (but only as reasonably necessary for our purposes as set out above)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
5. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology].
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
To clarify, we do not store any Credit Card/Debit Card information on our servers or premises whatsoever.
We use an external company (CreateSend) to send you emails about our products, services and sales.
You have to sign up to our newsletter either via a subscriber form or by checking abox when you register with our website
We will never share subscriber information with other organisations, with the exception of those instances provided in 4
You may opt out of these emails at any time either by request or by using the unsubscribe button on each email.
To clarify, we do not store any Credit Card/Debit Card information on our servers or premises whatsoever.
7. Policy amendments
8. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
9. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
12. Email Notifications
We may from time to time notify all users by email of significant changes to our site which may mean that any data collected is moved or manipulated. An example would be a server move or ecommerce platform update where accounts might be migrated.
13. Access to your Information and Corrections
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at the following address:
Black & White Games Ltd
Unit 21 Greenway Workshops
Bedwas House Industrial Estate
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Okay… here we go.
Please remember that our figures are hobby items and (although referred to as toys) ARE NOT TOYS and as such they aren’t suitable for children. By all means get your son/daughter hooked early but please supervise them to make sure that none of the hazards listed below can occur.
Our ‘toys’ are generally made from a white metal alloy which may or may not contain lead. Therefore it is not advisable to chew / swallow / ingest our figures. Some of the terrain pieces are made from resin, please don’t eat this either.
Although we pride ourselves on the quality of our castings, as is the nature of the hobby some may need a bit of assembling or trimming. If you cut yourself with a sharp blade whilst undertaking any form of adaption or assembling of our figures then it isn’t our fault (butterfingers!!). Likewise if you manage to superglue yourself to the figure / table / activator can then that isn’t our fault either. If you let us know then I am sure we will be sympathetic (depending on whether we have had a good day or not!!)
Our website shows images of naked female and male sculptures, both bare metal and painted. If you are at all offended by nudity then please be careful when browsing.
We adhere to all current policies in force. Full details of these regulations can be found here.
Please read these terms of sale carefully. You will be asked to expressly agree to these terms of sale before you place an order for products from our website.
In these terms of sale, “we” means Hasslefree Miniatures (and “us” and “our” will be construed accordingly); and “you” means our customer or potential customer for products (and “your” will be construed accordingly).
3. Order process
The advertising of products on our website constitutes an “invitation to treat”; and your order for products constitutes a contractual offer. No contract will come into force between you and us unless and until we accept your order in accordance with the procedure detailed below.
In order to enter into a contract to purchase products from us, you will need to take the following steps: “(i) you must add any of the products you wish to purchase to your shopping cart, and then proceed to the checkout; (ii) if you are a new customer, you must then create an account with us and log in; if you are an existing customer, you must enter your login details; (iii) once you are logged in, you must select your preferred method of delivery and confirm your order and your consent to these terms of sale; (iv) you will be transferred to the Payment website/page where Sagepay and Paypal will handle your payment; (v) we will then send you an initial acknowledgment; and (vi) once we have checked whether we are able to meet your order, we will either send you an order confirmation (at which point your order will become a binding contract) or we will confirm by email that we are unable to meet your order.”
We will not file a copy of these terms of sale specifically in relation to your order. We may update the version of these terms of sale on the website from time to time, and we do not guarantee that the version you have agreed to will remain accessible. We therefore recommend that you download, print and retain a copy of these terms of sale for your records.
The only language in which we provide these terms of sale is English.
Before you place your order, you will have the opportunity of identifying whether you have made any input errors by reviewing the order summary. You may correct those input errors before placing your order by clicking on “edit invoice address” for your personal details, or editing the basket contents.
4. The products
Wargaming and Hobby related products, including but not exclusively or limited to metal alloy miniatures, tools, bases, etched brass, resin figures, resin terrain, neodymium magnets, magnetic bases, plastic bases.
5. Price and payment
Prices for products are quoted on our website. The website contains a large number of products and it is always possible that some of the prices on the website may be incorrect. We will verify prices as part of our sale procedures so that a product’s correct price will be stated when you pay for the product.
In addition to the price of the products, you may have to pay a delivery charge, which will be as stated when you pay for the product.
Payment must be made upon the submission of your order. We may withhold the products and/or cancel the contract between us if the price is not received from you in full in cleared funds.
The prices on the website exclude all value added taxes (where applicable).
Payment for all products must be made by any method detailed on the website from time to time.
Prices for products are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect contracts which have come into force.
6. Your warranties
You warrant to us that:
- you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts, and you have full authority, power and capacity to agree to these terms of sale
- the information provided in your order is accurate and complete; This includes address details. Should you pay by a method that stores an address then it is your responsibility to ensure the correct address is passed to us
- you will be able to accept delivery of the products
- you are at least 18 years of age.
7. Delivery policy
We will arrange for the products to be delivered to the address for delivery indicated in your order. Your address must be correct , we will bear no responsibility for any loss caused to you for an incomplete address.
We will use reasonable endeavours to deliver products on or before the date for delivery set out in our order confirmation or, if no date is set out in our order confirmation, within 5 days of the date of our order confirmation. However, we cannot guarantee delivery by the relevant date. We do however guarantee that unless there are exceptional circumstances all deliveries of products will be dispatched within 28 days of the later of receipt of payment and the date of our order confirmation. Suppliers occasionally withdraw products from sale and we therefore are unable to fulfil specific orders, in this case we will offer a refund or other alternative.
If a delivery attempt is made by our delivery agents and a cost is incurred to us by a customers failure to arrange redelivery or collection of a package, then you accept that we may pass the delivery charge. Also if asked to cancel/refund the order the costs incurred for the original delivery and return will not be refunded (following a failed delivery).
If an order has been shipped and not received, you must inform us within a reasonable period. This period is deemed to be 30 days for Airmail and UK Postal services, 60 days for Surface Mail. Past these timescales we will resend packages at our discretion.
8. Risk and ownership
The products will be at your risk from the time of delivery. Ownership of the products will only pass to you upon the later of:
- delivery of the products
- receipt by us of full payment of all sums due in respect of the products (including delivery charges).
We will be entitled to recover payment for the products even where ownership has not passed to you.
9. “Cooling off” period
You may cancel a contract to purchase a product or products at any time within 7 working days after the day you received the relevant products or products (subject to the limitations set out below).
You will not have any such right insofar as a contract relates to:
- the supply of any products which constitute audio or video recordings or computer software which have been unsealed by you
- the supply of products the price of which is dependent upon fluctuations in financial markets which we cannot control
- the supply of newspapers, periodicals or magazines
- the supply of goods made to your specifications or clearly personalised
- the supply of goods which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
If you cancel a contract on this basis, you must inform us in writing and return the products to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them. Products returned by you within the 7 working day period referred to above will be refunded in full (including the cost of sending the products to you). However, you will be responsible for paying the cost of returning the product to us.
If you cancel a contract on this basis and you do not return to the products to us, we may recover the products and charge you for the costs we incur in doing so. Similarly, if you return the products at our expense, we may pass that expense on to you.
10. Statutory rights
Nothing in these terms of sale affects your statutory rights (including your right to receive a refund in respect of any defective product we sell to you).
If you cancel a contract and are entitled to a refund, we will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 days of the day we received your valid notice of cancellation.
12. Limitations of liability
Nothing in these terms of sale will limit or exclude your or our liability for: (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence; (ii) for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) for any matter for which it would be illegal for to limit or exclude, or attempt to limit or exclude, liability.
Subject to this, the products we sell are intended for personal use only and we will not be liable for any business losses (including without limitation loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data or waste of management or office time).
13. General terms
Images of products on our website are for illustrative purposes; actual products may differ from such images.
Contracts under these terms of sale may only be varied by an instrument in writing signed by both you and us. We may revise these terms of sale from time-to-time, but such revisions will not affect the terms of any contracts which we have entered into with you.
If any provision of these terms of sale is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect, and such invalid or unenforceable provisions or portion thereof will be deemed omitted.
No waiver of any provision of these terms of sale, whether by conduct or otherwise, in any one or more instances, will be deemed to be, or be construed as, a further or continuing waiver of that provision or any other provision of these terms of sale.
You may not assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise transfer any of your rights or obligations arising under these terms of sale. Any attempt by you to do so will be null and void. We may assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise transfer any of our rights or obligations arising under these terms of sale, at any time – providing such action does not serve to reduce the guarantees benefiting you under these terms of sale.
Each contract under these terms of sale is made for the benefit of the parties to it and is not intended to benefit, or be enforceable by, any other person. The right of the parties to terminate, rescind, or agree any amendment, variation, waiver or settlement under such contracts is not subject to the consent of any person who is not a party to the relevant contract.
Subject to the first paragraph of Section : these terms of sale contain the entire agreement and understanding of the parties in relation to the purchase of products from our website, and supersede all previous agreements and understandings between the parties in relation to the purchase of products from our website; and each party acknowledges that no representations not expressly contained in these terms of sale have been made by or on behalf of the other party in relation to the purchase of products from our website.
These terms of sale will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in relation to these terms of sale.